Nick’s Tree Service – Robbinsdale, Crystal, New Hope, Plymouth, Maple Grove, Golden Valley, Brooklyn Park, St Louis Park and Fridley Tree Service, Tree Care Specialists
Trees in our neighborhood contribute to the quality of our lives, and make our communities more livable. Urban trees clean our air, cool and shade our homes, and increase the value and attractiveness of our community.
If your trees had the opportunity, would they move to your neighbor’s yard? If so, here are some tips you need to know about how to make your own yard safe for trees. Learning about proper tree care can prevent you from becoming your tree’s worst enemy.
Here are six easy ways to have the best looking trees in your neighborhood:
- Plant the right tree in the right place.
- Water and mulch newly planted trees. Mulch with a ring of wood chips extending out 2 feet from the base of the tree.
- Protect trees from mowers, weed eaters, and other equipment. Avoid growing grass right up to the base of the tree.
- The soil should be firm around the trunk, but don’t pack the soil tightly when planting. Mulch around the tree to avoid soil compaction and root suffocation. Leave roots alone.
- Prune according to accepted methods. Hire Nick’s Tree Service when the job is too big.